UMF, an August challenge and future plans

Alright folks,

After a long time of no posts, I decided to write a new one. The post will feature some interesting or less interesting things :)

Firstly, I finally decided what am I going to do with my life. I'll quit my faculty (sadly, I really liked professors and people around me there) to start a little business with my close friends. Also, I'll definitely continue to play poker professionally because that's by far the best 'job' I could imagine.

Ultra Music Festival - Split and Hvar, Croatia

There are some things in my life that I simply have to do. One of them is to go to Ultra Music Festival, and luckily, for the first time since they started the project, they came to European land, to our neighbour's country - Croatia. Right after I heard about it, I bought ticket for me, then my room mate was added to the group, his brother, our best friends and another friend who we met few days before the start of the journey.
Split seems to be very beautiful city with long history, and opposite of what Serbs think, they were very friendly and helped us for whatever we needed. I was really amazed by Diocletian's Palace and Riva there. Unfortunately, this post will feature no photos because I had to reset my mobile phone. Another amazing thing about Split is that all the people there seem to live for their football club Hajduk and whole city is painted in Hajduk's graffiti. Festival was really great, it was running for 2 days in Split and 1 day on Hvar. The day before start of the festival, our group went to the beautiful island of Hvar, and everyone of us enjoyed a lot. 24/7 parties is what we wanted and what we got. The day after, there was UMF boat party which was also really good except the thing it was a sausage party with like 10 girls out of 80 people total. Doesn't matter, it rocked. 
First day of UMF started at 16:00. It lasted 13 hours and we never stopped. I felt really much of positive energy and vibrations there, I really enjoyed although I couldn't stand on my feet the day after. Second day of the festival lasted also 13 hours, same as the day before. That day we rocked for 8 hours because we simply didn't have the time to rest so we had to be a little late :). 
That would be the highlights of our trip to Croatia.

Now let's move on to the poker things :)

The 5.000e August Challenge

Since I didn't have much time to play poker last year, I played partly, without concentration and continuity. I finished the month with 1.500e lost, then finally decided to make a challenge to move on. It was a 5.000e challenge. The plan was - if I complete the challenge until the end of the month, I'll use it to play World Poker Tour in Larnaca, Cyprus running from 17th - 22nd August. I really managed my mindset to play and started with NL100 and NL200, and when I saw good tables I joined NL400 too. In 2 days I made around 2.400e profit. Next day, I went to a friend of mine, and wanted to play some while chatting with him drinking some and having a lots of fun. 3 of us brought laptops and started grinding. I joined 1 table of NL1000 with 50BBs. First hand, reg opens, another reg in position raises and I found myself in tough situation with JJ on big blind. I shoved, the reg who opened called, another one folds. I got spiked on his pocket aces. Never mind, I joined with another 50BBs and went all way up to 1800e of profit. Makes it total 4200e of profit in 3 days. On 4th day I completed the challenge with NL100/NL200 grind and that's all about it. The airplane ticket for Larnaca is bought at this moment, and I'm going to Cyprus on 14th and will be there until 25th of August. I simply have to enjoy a little bit :). My aim, for sure, will be to repeat the success of Vladimir Bozinovic who managed to win WPT Baden :).



Also, a little bit of deep house to relax you in this hot day:



Next post will probably be after WPT with pictures from there. I hope you enjoyed... See you







Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

New beginnings

Eureka Poker Tour and something more

Blog reincarnation! How did I came back from the mental and poker downswing